Attention WSHS Marching Colts:
We are excited for the beginning of the upcoming 2019/2020 marching season. Thank you for coming out to the parent meeting last week. Here is a recap of some important dates for those that weren't able to attend along with information about how to pay your student(s) marching fees. Each student's marching band fee for the upcoming season is not increasing and will remain $325.00 (this is an increase for Albemarle students), although costs continue to increase. We hope to have a few more fundraisers to help offset the costs to allow us to keep fees down.
- This week! May Mini Band Camp - Wed. 5/29, Thu. 5/30, Fri. 5/31; 3:30-6:00 daily, meet at WSHS band room. The attached permission, medical, information forms must be completed and turned in at the beginning of the first day of mini camp Wed. 5/29. Please also remember that your student's account must be in good standing in order to participate in the upcoming marching season. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.
- Fri. 5/31 - 1st 2019/2020 marching band payment due $100 (non-refundable)
- You may send a check payment made to West Stanly Music Boosters (or WSMB) with your student(s) name in the memo OR
- NEW! pay via Venmo by searching weststanlymusicboosters. Please include your student(s) name in the comments so we can ensure it gets posted to your student(s).
- 7/31 - 8/2: Marching leaders camp -More details to come.
- Mon. 8/5 - 2nd marching band payment due $125.00
- Start of the marching season! August marching band camp is 2 weeks: 8/5 thru 8/16, Mon-Thu. from 8:00a – 6:00p & Fri’s 8:00a – noon.
- Sat. 8/10/19: Save the date for a pool party tentative date. Time and location TBA once finalized
- Mon. 8/26 final marching band payment due $100 (or Fair Share commitment form completed - info in the attached packet).
Our WSHS music department has earned a Superior rating at the spring 2019 MPA competition and received many accolades and trophies at last season's competitions combined with Albemarle High School. We are very lucky to have the talent that we do working with our students under Mr. Derek Smith's leadership. If you're interested in volunteering for one of more of the following, please let one of us know or reply to this email: Publicity/Grant Writing, Fundraising (i.e. sponsorship from area businesses, concession menu additions, car wash, discount cards, etc.), Concessions, Hospitality (i.e. cookies/punch at concerts), Equipment Maintenance, Pit Crew at competitions, Uniform/competition preparations. We have committee chairs for each committee that will coordinate events. You do not have to commit to helping with every event and the more volunteers we have, the better. You will not regret spending this time with our music students.
If you or anyone you know can help with the following, please let us know.
WSHS Music Program Needs & Wish List:
Purchase additional instruments due to growth
More permanent structure over grill area at football (carport)
Uniforms due to growth
Heating boxes for concession stand area
ATV to pull the pit carts and competition props
To access the 2019 Marching Band Packet, click here
The West Stanly Music Booster Executive Board
Co-Presidents: Marty & Joanne Meggs
Co Vice-Presidents: Mark & Lori Lowder
Treasurer: Cynthia Horton
Secretary: Christi Pieper
Important!!! Registration Information for 2019-2020 School Year
It's that time of year again when we will start registration for the 2019-2020 school year! The portal is now open for you to choose your classes for next year. A step by step Google slide can be accessed below to instruct you in how to register if you have forgotten from last year. Ms. Britt and I are also here to help you with that should you need it. We will start our appointments with you next Thursday, March 28th. We will see rising Seniors first, then rising Juniors, and then rising Freshman. The schedules with your appointment date and time will be sent to you via email as well as posted in the lobby area and by the media center upstairs.
Please remember when you have finished choosing all of your classes to hit the submit button at the bottom to save your choices! The portal will close on March 27th so that we can start our individual meetings with you. We look forward to seeing you!
Attention Students: Need a copy of your Transcript??
All transcripts are requested through our county office website. You need to go to stanlycountyschools.org, go to Resources, go to community, and the Transcript Request. You can call SCS Central Office at 704-961-3000 if you have any questions.
Driver's Education Information
Driver's Education classes are listed below. Please click on the date you would like to take the class. DO NOT sign up for more than one class or your name will be removed from all classes.
*If a class is canceled for any reason, you will be contacted by the teacher of the class. Make sure you list a phone number that is working. If a class is canceled you will need to go in and sign up for another class, you will not automatically be assigned to the next class.
The class will be cut off at 35 students, so if you cannot sign up under a certain date, this means the class is full.
You must be 14 1/2 to enroll in driver's ed.
*During the school year Driver's Education classes will meet in the WSHS Media Center from 3:05-6:00pm.
*During the summer, Driver's Education classes will meet in the WSHS Media Center from 8:00am-2:00pm. There will be a short 15-20 minute break for lunch each day starting around 11am.
According to Board Policy 4195- Student Fees: Beginning August 2018, the fee for Driver's Education Instruction will be $65.00 per student. Fines or charges may be assessed for damages to school property or materials.
Click the Dates below to register for class:
Each Date is limited to the first 35 students to sign up, but must have at least 30 sign up in order for the class to take place.
Please note, you DO NOT have to have a SCS or google account to register for Driver's Ed.
(The $65.00 fee needs to be paid PRIOR to the week of your session. Checks can be made payable to WSHS. Payment can be made in the WSHS office Monday - Thursday 8:00 - 3:30.)